The bridge over Marecchia (formerly dubbed Ariminus), the construction works of which started in 14 by order of Augustus and completed in 21 AD under Tiberius (a fact substantiated by the interior inscriptions), connects the outskirts with the center of the Rimini even at present.

Made of Istria stone, the bridge features 5 arcades supported by massive pillars, as one can clearly see in the picture provided below. The bridge was declared a national monument in 1885.

Name:
Tiberius Bridge (Ponte di Tiberio)
Address:
Viale Tiberio / Via Corso d’Augusto, Rimini, Italy
Website:
www.riminiturismo.it

Viale Tiberio / Via Corso d’Augusto, Rimini, Italy

Go to top